|Can you send us a more detailed description or samples of your models?
Have a look at the online documentation
Can the user implement himself new models?
No, but we'll add new models on customer request.
Are all models based on 3D-FDTD simulations?
What kind of capacitor and inductor shapes are modelled?
Rectangular Capacitors with tape or special dielectric (other shapes on demand). Rectangular and stacked spiral inductors over single and several layers (btw: you should have a powerfull computer for this, the calculation time will grow with the complexity of the structure).
How many layers are available for the elements?
There are no principal limitations for the number of layers.
Can I model single-layer structures, too?
Will your software replace other EM modeling software?
Yes and No, the MultiLibTM library will comprehend common used, standardised, parameterized structures (while the technology processes, here layer structures, remaining completely flexible) for the design of multi-layered circuits. It is clear that not all structures nor circuit simulation (e.g. coupling effects) someone can imagine are included in such a library. So, there is always a need for an EM-modelling software.
Will your software automatically generate the multilayer structures, from the lumped elements, on the LTCC?
Yes, MultiLibTM will provide users who take the set of library elements the layout for those elements in the by the data item defined layers, automatically.
What advantages does your software have over the other tools?
The MultiLibTM software will put together inter-active speeds, accurateness, and easy-to-use features, while keeping open the flexibility to adapt the circuit design to new technologies (in terms of layer configurations).
- interactive speed: FDTD (finit difference time domain method) as the choice of modern EM-simulations in the microwave industry. The simulation results will be stored in a lookup table, which make a fast access on earlier calculated elements.
- accurateness: FDTD, too.
- easy-to-use: Easy handling by standardized elements. Automatic layout for those elements
- flexibility: Adaption to almost any layer configuration for multi-layered circuit manufacturing processes. Parameterized elements, tune- and optimizeable parameters.
Which further EDA-products are available from IMST?
- EmpireTM, a full 3D-EM Modelling software utilizing the fast and accurate FDTD method for the calculation of arbitrary 2D and 3D RF/µwave/mmwave structures.
- CoplanTM for ADS, an add-on library for Agilent's ADS for the design of coplanar circuits, especially for (M)MIC's.
- Topas, a MESFET and HEMT model and parameter extraction software. The modell is also fully integrated into Agilent's ADS.